The AWD models will be powered exclusively by Jaguar’s new 3.0-litre V6 Supercharged petrol engine in 340PS form, and will offer optimised traction in all grip conditions. The AWD models will be available in selected markets including North America, Russia, China and Continental Europe.
Ian Hoban, Vehicle Line Director, Jaguar, said: “Our All-Wheel Drive system preserves all the dynamic qualities of our rear-wheel drive Jaguar saloons in terms of handling, steering quality and ride refinement while adding a new depth of ability in low-grip conditions. The system delivers all the traction benefits you would expect, but the AWD XF and XJ are still very rewarding cars to drive – which was exactly our intention.”
- Jaguar is introducing a new All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system to its 2013 Model Year XF and XJ saloon cars for selected markets*.
- The AWD system is powered exclusively by Jaguar’s new 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine in 340PS form driving through an eight-speed automatic transmission and featuring Stop/Start technology.
- Jaguar AWD operates ‘intelligently’, continuously monitoring grip levels and driver inputs to both pre-empt and react to wheel-slip, enabling maximum traction in all conditions.
- Feed-forward torque distribution allows the system to actively anticipate wheel slippage and prevent it occurring, therefore providing greater driver confidence and vehicle stability in low-grip scenarios. Torque split can be up to 50:50 front/rear.
- At speed in normal grip conditions the AWD system delivers drive predominantly to the rear wheels, thus providing the dynamic driving experience all Jaguars are renowned for, while maximising powertrain efficiency.
- Suspension and steering systems have also been reengineered in order for the AWD XF and XJ to match their rear-wheel drive counterparts’ acclaimed driving dynamics.
*For full market availability details, please contact your local PR representative.
Please visit www.media.jaguar.com for full press release and images.