The Stockport swimmer, who was officially named in Team GB over the weekend, will take part in the opening event of the series, the British Gas Great London Swim on Saturday 26th May followed by the British Gas Great North Swim on Friday 22-24th June.
The British Gas Great Swim Series is a group of multi-distance events, ranging from half a mile to 2 miles, which are open to swimmers of all abilities. The swims take place in various lakes, lochs and docks at five locations around the UK, to enable as many people as possible to take part.
In addition to the huge number of amateur swimmers, the series attracts the world’s top elite competitors.
Entrants for the British Gas Great Swim Series increased from 10,000 in 2009 to 22,000 in 2011, and record numbers of competitors are expected this year.
The following events make up the 2012 British Gas Great Swim Series:
- The British Gas Great London Swim, Royal Victoria Dock – Saturday 26th May 2012
- The British Gas Great East Swim, Alton Water near Ipswich – Saturday 16th June 2012
- The British Gas Great North Swim, Lake Windermere, Lake District, Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th June 2012
- The British Gas Great Manchester Swim, Salford Quays – Sunday 1st July 2012
- The British Gas Great Scottish Swim, Strathclyde Loch near Glasgow – Saturday 25th August 2012
WEB VIDEO FOOTAGE IS RESTRICTED TO ONLINE USE ONLY