Today Jaguar revealed its vision for a 21st century Jaguar sports car -the new C-X16 production concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show. The car's unveiling also coincides with the 50th anniversary of the iconic E-Type.
The C-X16 concept will aim to set benchmarks in design, vehicle dynamics and technology for future Jaguar sports cars. The C-X16 represents a step forward from the 2010 Jaguar C-X75 supercar concept and works towards enhancing the driving experience as well as the car’s environmental credentials.
The two-seater model is environmentally conscious but is also built and designed to a beautifully high spec, with the cabin trimmed in dramatic red leather.
Basics of the new C-X16 car include:
- Powered by an innovative supercharged 3.0-litre V6 producing 380PS (280kW) and 332lb ft (450Nm) of torque.
- Specific power per litre is an impressive 126PS.
- High-performance hybrid system boosts output by 70kW and 235Nm.
- Top speed of 186mph, 0-62mph in 4.4 seconds and 50-75mph acceleration in 2.1 seconds.
- CO2 emissions of 165g/km and an electric-only top speed of 50mph.
- Steering wheel-mounted ‘Push to Pass’ button controls the hybrid boost function.
- Eight-speed ZF gearbox with Quickshift changes.
- Intelligent Start/Stop for improved fuel economy.
- New generation Jaguar Touch-Screen with short-cut keys.
The Live Web-stream of the car reveal can be viewed here: http://www.gginternet1.co.uk/tvcgroup/jaguar/120911/iframe.asp
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Tel: (+44) 207 535 5800
firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)207 535 5800 | +44 (0)781 428 6470
email@example.com| +44 (0)207 535 5800 | +44 (0)07765 481 358